The Future of Marine Data
OceanWise Marine Data Management & GIS Workshop
24th November 2020
Speakers & Topics
We are currently building our speaker program for 2020.
To be notified when registration opens or register your interest in a speaking slot - please contact us.
We run our workshops annually. You can view last year's programme and presentations by clicking the buttons below or by visiting our Workshop page which includes a short video.
This event is free to attend and places are limited to around 80.
Student places are available, but will be limited.
Join us for this FREE one day workshop
Contact us to be notified when registration opens or sign up to our newsletter
Registration will be available via eventbrite here.
'The Future of Data'?
Every year we ask our delegates to feedback to us what they would like to hear about at our next Workshop. Last year we received an overwhelming request for talks and case studies which look at the future.
As we all find ourselves in a period of unprecedented change, we all have to adapt, seek out new ways of working, embrace new technologies and change the way that we think about our industry. Data used to be the domain of experts and was something that the IT department, computer 'techie' or perhaps the GIS specialist dealt with. The reality now is that we are all data users, data consumers and, in some way, data experts.
Data volumes have exploded, data security has become a common threat and data sources are wide, varied and changing all the time. So what does the marine data of the future look like and how is it shaping how we do business, how we work and interact with one another and how do we ensure that we 'keep up' with the pace of change?
During this workshop we hope to bring together a range of speakers, specialists and experts from in an around the marine industry to present their take on "The Future of Marine Data".
We are currently building the speaker programme so watch this space for updates. To get involved, please contact us.
Thank you to all those that attended, spoke or expressed interest in our recent workshop – please click below for copies of the presentations we enjoyed during the event.
We are busy planning for 2020 – please make sure that you are signed up to our Newsletter (and Opt In for events) to receive notifications, news and event invites
- Hear from industry experts on key developments in Marine Data
- Learn how new technologies can affect the way that we capture, transmit and manage marine data
- Discuss your own data management and GIS experiences and challenges
- Network and share experiences with peers, academic experts, practitioners and management from within the industry and from other sectors
- Receive updates on recent legislation, guidance and standards which are affecting the marine data domain
- Be inspired by forward thinking projects and case studies
Excellent day and variety of talks
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone working with, or with an interest in, Marine data OR Marine GIS
- Anyone involved in acquiring, managing or using Marine Data
- Anyone keen to share ideas and learn about emerging trends or GIS technologies effecting the Marine sector
- Students, Researchers and Academics from across the Marine Industry (limited places)
- The event is interactive and intimate and we encourage all attendees to get involved and ask questions
It was particularly informative and an enjoyable day
Location, date and timings
Tuesday 24th November 2020
The School of Economic Science,
11 Mandeville Place,
09:30 - 16:30
All talks were very informative, great variety of speakers and attendees
Who is OceanWise?
OceanWise is an independent company using our expertise in marine data to solve environmental and engineering challenges. Our unique knowledge and close relationships with instrument manufacturers, software vendors and standards bodies mean we are able to provide our customers with comprehensive, cost effective end-to-end marine and coastal data management and decision support.
We proudly work with over 70% of the UK's major Ports and Harbours as well as many other Ports from all over the world.
Enjoy the confidence of working with marine data expertsWhere Your Data Matters.
OceanWise provides end-to-end marine and coastal data management and decision support solutions for ports & harbours, energy & telecoms, governments and agencies.
© 2020 OceanWise Ltd. Where Your Data Matters ^